Mallya: Line-up one of strongest on grid

Vijay Mallya has expressed his feelings over this season’s Force India driver combination, which involves Adrian Sutil remaining with the team as Paul di Resta steps up to replace Vitantonio Liuzzi and Nico Hülkenberg joins as reserve pilot. “I am genuinely excited by the drivers we will be fielding in 2011,” commented the Silverstone squad’s ...

F1 2011 line-up: One seat to fill…

With Force India’s line-up finally confirmed on Wednesday afternoon, just a single vacant race seat now remains in the 2011 Formula 1 field, with returnee Narain Karthikeyan awaiting an announcement for his Hispania Racing team-mate. The current F1 2011 driver line-up is as follows: Red Bull Renault 1 Sebastian VETTEL 2 Mark WEBBER McLaren Mercedes ...

Proposals in place for Cape Town Grand Prix

Plans have remerged for a possible Formula 1 return to South Africa, with World Cup host city Cape Town named as a candidate for a street race which would involve the cars travelling through the stadium in which semi-finals were played prior to the Spanish football team’s ultimate success in July. Hopes for a South ...

Interview with Martin Brundle

GPupdate interview with Martin Brundle: http://www.gpupdate.net/en/videos/703/interview-with-martin-brundle/ The Legendary commentator gives his thoughts on the Formula 1 year ahead. And talks about his promotion at the BBC to becoming the lead commentator.

Melbourne officials flag F1 exit after 2015

Two influential officials have cast doubt on the future of Melbourne’s Australian Grand Prix. First, the city’s Lord Mayor Robert Doyle said the annual event at Albert Park, contracted to host the race through 2015, is no longer value for money. “My judgment would be: get ready. Time’s up,” he wrote in the Sunday Herald ...

Force India set to confirm di Resta

The Force India team has confirmed to GPUpdate.net that it will be staging a press conference in Scottish city Glasgow on Wednesday, with speculation continuing to circulate that Paul di Resta is set to be announced as a driver for the upcoming season. Many are expecting a Force India-di Resta announcement on Wednesday afternoon The ...

Chandhok sets sights on reserve role

Karun Chandhok says he would be willing to sit on the sidelines as a reserve driver this year if it helped secure him a race seat in the longer term. The Indian, who made his debut for HRT last season, has been exploring other options for several months now as he looks to continue in ...

Ferrari update: Dyer falls on sword, Martin head of Strategy

Ferrari update: Dyer falls on sword, Martin head of Strategy
Since I posted this morning Ferrari has announced the major changes that team boss Stefano Domenicali hinted at. According to the team’s website, “Neil Martin takes on the role of heading up the new Operations Research department. A 38 year old Englishman, Martin previously worked for Red Bull and prior to that McLaren and he ...

Group Lotus to become Renault title sponsors

The Renault team are set to become known as Lotus Renault GP next season after agreeing a title-sponsorship deal with Group Lotus that will run until 2017. Following the return of the Lotus name to Formula One in 2010, under licence from Group Lotus to Lotus Racing, the announcement marks the complete return of the ...

Formula One in HD in 2011

Much to everyones supprise Bernie Ecclestone mentioned to Eddie Jordan that F1 will be going into HD next season. The problem with that is, not all the countries on the 2011 roster have the means to broadcast F1 GP’s in HD. It was a spur of the moment claim that will not be seen in ...